Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gypsy7
Senior Contributor

What colour soothes you or makes you feel good?

I love what I have learnt in some tools I use to lower my distress. Usually I ground myself I have a turtle bracelet I hold and stare at. My colour is blue and sea green. Ocean colours soothe me. The five senses in sensory stimuli affects you and how you can feel. I learnt. I had a sensory assessment done. Very useful. Mine was I had to be around colour probsbly the artist in me. Lol!

24 REPLIES 24

Re: What colour soothes you or makes you feel good?

IMG_20170805_222654.png

I love colour too Gypsy7, those sea greens and blues especially. Usually pastels but thought this pic was for you. Sometimes I put on those yellow night vision glasses. They brighten everything. call them my 'happy glasses' (colour therapy). Great thread idea. 👍🌷🌿

Mine is yellow Smiley Happy Something about it reminds me of my childhood and optimism.

Great thread @Gypsy7 Got me thinking Smiley Very Happy 

Wow @Gypsy7 that is really interesting thank you for sharing, I also find green and blue very calming, that is why a walk through a park and just sitting and looking at the leaves and taking in the fresh air calms me down. Or the ocean, it will always help.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 11.38.39 AM.png

I also have some photographs in my house that tend to help me calm down as they are of nature, like the blue sky and the desert. I might have to start painting those colours to see how that goes 🙂

I favourite colour is blue. I being in the ocean and in the bush calming and relaxing. So I guess it's blue and green for that reason maybe?

Hi @Gypsy7,

My favourite colour is blue. I super love being near water - especially the ocean. Of course, that could be because I am a sea turtle. Smiley Happy

Hi @Gypsy7, I think I am similar to the others, I love the colours of the ocean. From turquoise to green, to brilliant blue. I find different blue green shades both energising and calming. 

This is a lovely thread to have stumbled across @Gypsy7 🙂

I am colour sensitive too, and often looking for the 'right' coloured something for the moment (it takes me forever just to settle on a notebook/notepad when there are colour options!). Deep purple tends to be my calming colour so my bed sheets and pillows are a beautiful purple. My favourite doona cover has the same purple in the pattern. Bright lime green is my lift-me-up colour and I have bits and pieces of things in lime green (vases/jars/containers etc) throughout the house.

Hi @Gypsy7

I love colour.  My favourite colour is orange, lime green and yellow. I always feel safe with blue (light bue from the bay) always feeling calm and peace when around the bay 🙂

Hello @Gypsy7

My favourite colour is BLUE , I love lying outside looking up at the blue sky and the clouds going past , I love sitting next to a creek watching the water go by and love watching the ocean , sooo relaxing

Hello @BlueBay, @CheerBear, @Queenie, @Phoenix_Rising, @NikNik, @Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance