Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Former-Member Thanks for the tag. What a lovely thread, I didn't know it was here. I will come  back later and have a look. Happy gardening everyone. Love gardening when I can.

images (12).jpeg

@Shaz51might be a prime opportunity to get a regular flow of bird life in the garden? Maybe accommodating, welcoming and working with them will be the best option? I hope this has helped... working with nature instead of against it...

Prime opportunity to become a pigeon lady... I'm thinking maybe a second feeding tray and bird bath for the smaller native birds... where it's protected from the pigeons... also may be do some research about pigeons in the garden and feeding them by hand???

It's flared up an old idea i had about a bird bath and feeder tray for the birds...however i got cat and dog now... so they may not work well together...

Really lovely @Former-Member have you got a chair in your garden where you can sit and admire the majestic nature of the garden?

Hello @eudemonism, @Former-Member, @Maggie, @Smc, @Former-Member

good idea @eudemonism

yes we used to have cats and now that mum has none , we thought the birds can come back now Smiley Very Happy

My mum has a bird bath hanging off her veranda, near a banksia (climbing) rose, well out of the way of the neighborhood cats @eudemonism. The only downside is it is quite small and needs constant topping up. images (15).jpeg

Yes @eudemonism we have a bench seat just along from the fish pond, only just out of camera shot in the pic I posted. We slso have a couple of chairs on the north facing deck which overlooks the fish pond. Its the perfect spot ... in the shade in summer, but in the sun in winter. So I sit out there a lot for a cuppa in the mornings. So its nice to have the fish pond looking half reasonable again, and the water fountain working nicely.

Sherry

@Shaz51 birds are lovely

Yea hi @Former-Member im all about practicality and ease of use. My next big goals for my place is chicken coop. And possibly bird avery/bird bath.

@Former-Member i got a spot out front and outback where i sit and think about stuff.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance