Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning all 🙂

@Mazarita and @eth enjoyed reading through your brief chat this morning (in the non-creepy way we read through chats here 😉). Great you could both catch up in real time.

@Mazarita I hope getting out to the country is as good for you as it was the last time you went. So great to hear you're feeling well supported during this time. Hope your sunrise was a pleasant one, if you caught it 😊

@eth can very much understand your disappointment at your psych appointment being canceled, especially after the difficult feelings you had reading that article. I too had some challenging feelings about it that kind of bubbled away throughout that night and into the next day, though perhaps for different reasons to you. It would have been very helpful to be able to work through some of that with your psych this week. How would you feel about bringing it up with a support worker? Is that something you could talk with them about? Understanding hugs for you and listening eyes ready if it might help to vent or chat ❤

@Adge thinking of you with the difficulties you're having. Can only imagine the kind of stress you might be experiencing and how complicated it might be to have attempted to resign and then retract your resignation. Hearing you with the challenges of working within a system and in a field that you find difficult to be part of. Part of my ongoing struggle to return to study is that I don't know whether I could tolerate working in the kinds of roles I had my dreams and hopes of doing anymore. While I appreciate the individuals who are part of it all, I'm not sure I can be part of something that has hurt me so badly before. It causes a real internal conflict at times for me. I hope you can find a more peaceful place soon.

@Shaz51 big hugs for your tired and aching ❤

Hi to everyone else who might pass by this lovely corner of the forum 👋

I have a busy-for-me-lately day today. I'm away as I needed the kids minded for a GP appointment this morning and a counselling appointment this afternoon, which I'll return home for soon. I'm looking forward to my GP appointment as I'm hoping to discuss and start looking into what might be causing some tired flatness I've been experiencing lately. Not so keen on counselling as I found it quite triggering last time and was a bit unsettled afterwards, though I think the topics we touch on are important to work through so I'll go along today. I have a night without smaller people tonight and depending on how I'm feeling I may catch up with my friend tonight, though there's a chance I may not want to do that after my second appointment. I've had a few nights without my crew these holidays and am really thankful for it. I'm sure it has helped me get through them easier than I have in the past. Not long to go until school returns now.

❤ for all for the day ahead

Yeah it blew out or was that petered out @eth it had a weak effort at thunder and rain after was over in an hour wasnt much below 30 all night

Hard to sleep well when it's that hot overnight hey @TAB  Used to have a lot of nights like that when I lived near Darwin.  Windows open, fans on full speed and still sweating just lying there.  Hope it cools down where you are soon.

@CheerBear  great that you have support with the kids these days and can get some 'me time' here and there.  I hear you about not knowing how you'll feel after counselling.  Go gently.

I did mention that article to one sw on the weekend and she asked me why I'd read it.  When I told her it had happened to me twice she just said 'Oh'........ I think it  was over the top for her.  Will try talking to the sw I have today about it a bit and see what happens.  Overall I've had quite a productive few days, finding about things I want to do, sorting all that stuff out with the CoS, going to tai chi, but it's been simmering away under it all and some of the time I've been feeling quite discombobulated, almost dissociated.  

Hi @outlander  how are you today?  How's your foot - did you find a moon boot that you could afford?

morning @eth
im still feeling quite fatigued here with quite alot of hearburn and reflux making me feel alittle off colour despite being on medications already for it.
My foot is abit better than the last 2 weeks thankfully, and yes to the moonboot. when i went to the physio for a second opinion she had some in stock there so i got fitted while i was at the appointment. so ive been wearing it for about a week now. i go back and see her next wednesday to see how much longer ill have it on and/or what the next steps are besides the icing, physio exercises and boot for the moment.

Ive forgotten if i read what your plans are today?

morning also @Former-Member 👋💐

That's good about your foot @outlander and a shame about the reflux.  I get it sometimes at night when I'm asleep and always fear that I'll inhale it and choke. Never seems to happen in the day time.

Heading out with a support worker from 10.30 to 3.45.  My psychologist cancelled for today which is a shame coz I feel I need to see her before another week passes.  So sw and I have a longer day to fill.  Will go to the big shopping centre for a couple of things and then hope to go explore a reserve that is a women's space in the aboriginal way.  It sounds beautiful.  Just hoping the walking tracks aren't too steep for me.  SW and I joked about being 'mall walkers' - getting my exercise there in the cool air con.

What do you have on today?

Hi to you from me too @Former-Member

I actually did sleep ok, just took forever to get to sleep and got up 2hrs later briefly for some reason @eth humidity is ok so long as windy oh and very good ceiling fans lol oh and dont have to get up the next day for work 

ive really only had reflux the past yr and abit and they had thought a stomach ulcer as it came on really strong and all of a sudden. i had thought it was a virus as i was throwing up stomach acid but it hasnt actually gone away so they said its GERD. yuk and yes it makes sleeping pretty rough esp on the nights where its not so controlled.. its been in the day for me the past few days and have struggled to eat or drink anything as it just burns going down or it just give that 'stuck' feeling.
Thats a shame about your psych cancelling today, at least youve got your support worker and perhaps you could have a chat to her about things that are happening?
The reserve sounds beautiful, weve quite a few pretty places around here but weve explored them already as we dont travel much.
Lol well then im joining in with the 'mall walkers' its so hot here but i dont mind going for walks even just window shopping in the mall.

so far i dont have a lot on which is good, ill probably watch some more of my outlander dvds, and try and get my blanket finished today, im halfway through the border now- it just takes me a little bit longer as i tire quickly and its very awkward to try and do the border with that size blanket. oh and a trip to kmart later on today, other than that nothing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance