Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

I feel like the Family therapist

Hello Friends just need to vent what better place than On the forums , I feel like the family therapist the go to person for family to lean on when they need to feel heard,seen and understood , I do like to be the listener but yes it can at times be heavy subjucts that Im intrusted with ,its really hard to see what happens within your family when mental health issues arise ,from personal experience I can understand both sides of the coin the concerned family member and the one suffeing from mental health issues ,as I myself have severe anxiety,Major depression,paronoia and PTSD related issues its so difficult when those we love are suffering and in emotional pain , it hurt so much I was on the verge of crying in front of said family member it hurts my heart to see them like this , am safe just feel drained emotionally although in a way it was helpfull to have an in depth mental health discusiion in general 

1 REPLY 1

Re: I feel like the Family therapist

Hey @LostAngel Hearing you.  I felt that way a lot in my family.  It can be a heavy burden.  Some people are more aware, and as you mentioned you are a good listener.  I was in that role too, but I am also aware that some people do not seek help and rely on the family to carry things that may be too much.  Self care for you ... and advocate it for the other, without being selfish ... if you know what I mean.

Hugs Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance