Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life fails!

Hi @Queenie I hope you don't mind me saying so but I think you are just amazing. Studying is the area where everything falls apart for me because I have a lot of heavy feelings about failure and I sabotage myself every time. But seeing you pushing ahead through all your other difficulties because you know that study is important – well, I want you to know I'm thinking of you and cheering you on. And maybe if you can do it, I can do it too. x

Way to go @Queenie well done
Sitting here cheering you on from my end 🙂

I feel awful, really really awful. I've let everyone down I think. I was selected randomly (althoughI don't really think this was the case) to have all my outstanding subjects opened on the online learning portal and for me to catch up entirely. In all I had 8 assignments to finish. Some of them I had no idea what to do because I was absent from class due to illness (remember I had flu a little while ago and then my MI really hasn't been right either leading to unexplained absenteeism). I didn't get them done and now the whole class has been punished by the teacher and management refusing to open locked past subjects for students to finish and submit. I think I just failed my course! I tried really hard to do them, I really did. I got 3 done of the 8 required. I feel so damn embarrassed and really shitty. This course was everything to me and now I've stuffed it for everyone including me. How could I be so selfish? Strangely, I cannot cry over it (probably because I am still in shock over the decision). I just finished assignment number 4 just now and the teacher has said from now on she is going to be really picky about who passes and who fails. I am basically stuffed I think!

This is the last straw in my hopeless stupid life. I am sat here with textbooks open assignments being hurried and starting half-heartedly at a full bottle of alcohol. In times past I would have so easily drank it, but I am trying so hard to improve my morals with this course too (I guess I am learning something). I am not smart enough to finish community college, I'll never make it at University! 

Another pipe dream washed down the drain.

End rant.

hey @Queenie that sounds really tough!
i wonder if @Snowie or @Zoe7 @Former-Member might be able to see any options or offer some sort of advice with your studies..

Thanks for replying @outlander, I really appreciate it more than you know. I feel kind of sick in the tummy about this. I have a really bad feeling about it. I think I just should stop trying to win at life because I'm nothing but a failure! 😞 Still not crying just in shock.

hugs and hugs @Queenie feeling very much in the same boat at the moment.
can you get a tutor just one or 2 days a week/fortnight- even past students who could help give you a boost?

The only day tutors are available, my Mrs puts all her 'stuff' on (like couples counselling and hospital appointments). I really wish she didn't. We haven't been to tutoring in months! It's really stressing me out but I cannot change it as it means if she re-schedules her appointments, she goes to the bottom of the list and has to wait about 2 years all over again. I can't get there without her because it is miles and miles away from the nearest public transport (which I am frightened about anyway as I don't travel well). This week the Mrs has appointments and next week her Mother has appointments. Meanwhile we are getting further and further behind. It just makes me feel ill.

what about just a tutoring session just for yourself? @Queenie you could ask a past student if they could do a private tutouring session and they may give a reduced fee too....

That's not a bad idea @outlander. I don't know exactly where to find past students but I can always ask tomorrow when I go to class. Usually tutors are free but I am happy to go private if I have to. If I had a medical certificate, I'd be okay but because the GP refused to write one about my depression, I'd not like my chances about getting one for the flu that has now gone anyway. It is near impossible to get into my doctor without almost a week's notice. It sucks!

you can advertise on facebook in your local area as well @Queenie someone might know something as well or offer some support too. or advertise your looking for a private tutour stating your course or what you need help with.

yes my gp is the same, it can be hard to see her but also she doesnt really want to see me either so makes it trickier to book in advance as well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance