Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

will be thinking of you and mr @Former-Member xoxoxo

@Former-MemberHeartHeartHeart

Thinking of you also @Former-Member 

Happy Birthday @Former-Member

Trust today goes well for you 😊

@Former-Member Happy Birthday 🥳 

I hope you were able to treat yourself a bit ... 

I was home sick today and took the opportunity to read this whole thread ... wow Darcy you’ve had a big year ... well done for getting through and hang in there to get through the Christmas period ..

thankyou for sharing your journey - reading it was very inspiring and interesting as you know my Mrs Sophie is Bipolar II too (lol... II too sounds weird) ...  I look forward to sharing more of your journey as the thread continues - what a lovely supportive group of folk @Determined@Shaz51@Former-Member@Faith-and-Hope@outlander 

Hi @Former-Member ..... 👋💕

Happy Birthday from me too.  I am having tech issues with the forum at the moment which is making life a bit difficult re posting, and right when all my final submissions are coming due  ..... but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.

I am heading overseas in a couple of weeks for a couple of months, and under the new forum guidelines I won’t be able to post from outside Australia, so I will be absent from posting, although I will still be able to read the forums from where I am, and presumably receive notifications too - not sure about that one.

Hello @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member, @Sophie1, @Determined, @outlander Heart

today I was away from Mr shaz for 4 hours today , when I got home he was a total mess , he said he was soooo anxious about everything , is this part of bipolar 11 ?

@Shaz51 .. re overwhelming generalised anxiety when left alone for a few hours or a day my Ms S has this fairly regularly - not sure if it’s Bipolar thing or the underlying generalised anxiety ... Ms S psych gave her an anti anxiety med to have three times a day to help calm her down ... it has definitely helped ... so when the anxiety went on regularly daily for weeks and weeks ... for one offs sometimes it’s more tied to a fleeting illness ... note antibiotics can mess with antidepressants ... or related to a specific event or issue she is worrying about .. in which case a tell me exactly what you are thinking about conversation can help find the cause

yes Mr shaz has  generalised anxiety disorder too @Sophie1

anti anxiety meds , I think Mr shaz would love to take more xx as well as he anti depressant

I found out what triggered it @Sophie1, Mr shaz was watching " Teenagers and Anti depressants" on tv this morning

@Shaz51 MsS rarely watches negative or sad shows as she is so easily triggered to anxiety or depression ... even the news is too much often ... altho I insist on a level of awareness of world events to prevent isolation or disconnection from reality ... glad you found the trigger - lots of TLC ain order to calm Mr Shaz down ?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance