Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Peacemaker
Casual Contributor

Self doubting

Hi just wanted to know if anyone out there is in the same boat as me.

All my life I have suffered from schizoaffective disorder. The amount of people who have been nasty to me and the amount of people who have been lost from my life is unbelievable. When I get sick noone understands the delusions I go through and everyone leaves me, forcing me to start on new friendships. I'm exhausted by this and I find myself in the same situation again. There's nothing I can do to repair the relationships and I live in a small town where gossip overrules. I find myself sad lonely isolated and not worthy of anything good. I have gone through this for over 30 years. If anyone else has bounced back from this could you please share with me how you overcome being isolated emotionally.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Self doubting

I live with schizoaffective disorder and lost people.  People have been nasty to me and have spread gossip so you are not alone.  I'm sorry you live in a small town and have felt hemmed in, it must be hard.  I have used chelation therapy to get the heavy metals out of my brain as well as using celery juice which is known to get the pathogens/viruses out and it seems to have worked wonderfully. I have only had one episode in the last 10 years since doing this. It was what was recommended to me by a healer but I wouldn't chelate unless your elimination pathways are clear or you will get a nasty herxheimer effect which you will deeply regret. Best to go with a healer who is certified in detox or a functional medical practitioner.  I've used crystals to stop people spreading gossip about me and have been using spirituality to ascend and attract better quality people. If people desert you then you don't want them in your life.  I would mix with similarly inclined people. You could ring your council for disability groups and hop along to meetings. I've met some beautiful people in such settings in the past. I actually prefer them to ordinary people

Re: Self doubting

Hi smiling _gecko.... thank you for your kind words and sharing your ways of healing.

Just wanted to let you know that after bashing myself up for my illness I decided to take up a hobby building self esteem, and self worth. I had to visit the local community hospital today to see GP. There a lady who works in town talked to me and it was really nice to see some one take the time to include me in their day. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable in the town through the eyes of someone's kindness. Perhaps next time I am at the local store I will get out of the car and go inside. Maybe it's time to stop hiding and get back into society. Perhaps for the those who cannot understand and empathise with mental health issues I need to be more understanding of as they are in need of education. Coming home from hospital was harder this time as it was no fault of mine own for why I ended up there. It was a medical change that went wrong. It's taken me a little while to adjust but I am doing well now and back into study.

Thanks for your compassion when it was needed.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance