Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Son (22) with schizophrenia

Quick wave @Grasshopper3

Hello @Grasshopper3 @Former-Member @Shaz51

How are things in your worlds?

How are Mrs Grasshopper and Mr Colgate....I hope that things are smoothing out a little more for you both....

When son's world becomes more bearable...your world will ease with it as you know grasshopper...

thinking of you

take care

Hello lovely forum people @Former-Member@Sophia1@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope@Appleblossom

All's well, we're rolling along. It's funny how nature takes control sometimes. 

I have been taken quite a bit of carers leave, an hour here and there to take my son to his appointments. My work is very demanding and we are forever understaffed. I have asked for a regular day off so I dont have to run around as much and use this day for all appointments and tests. This was refused for obvious reasons. 

Then I did my back in, it just happend.... It was lucky we only had one appointment to go to that week, I was in agony driving him there, couldnt even put my socks on! 

I'm getting much better now and eventhough I was in pain, it was lovely staying home with my son...

He made me cups of tea and even cooked a meal.

He was complaining about a sore neck for ages, and I thought I get him an appoinment with a chiropractor. I showed him how to get there (he can walk it 20 mins from home)

and he has been going there twice a week and he says it's money well spend!

I have been trying to get in contact with the NDIS local coordinator to see if this can be put in his plan as he can now freely move his neck and he feels so much better. 

I have left several messages with NDIS but nothing heard back yet.

Anyone have any experiences with making a chiropractor part of their NDIS plan?

Cheers,

Grasshopper3

Heart

@Grasshopper3

pleased to hear that life has taken another turn....

you are receiving some overdue rest...even though as a result of injured back...funny how we do not heed our own words and injury or illness eventually forces us into ....rest ...that elusive word...

there is a ndis thread on the lived experience forum...one of the members has written an ongoing report on her trials and tribulations in gaining approval....you will find some extremely helpful information there...

You have great insight into how you liaise with your son....you still see your real son....

keep in touch when you can Heart

Hope things going ok in your worlds @Grasshopper3 @patientpatient

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Grasshopper3

Hoping all ok with you.

hi @Former-Member

I'm sorry to say I'm feeling very low and tired but I keep going as I don't have a choice.

My son's still smoking and drinking coffees, but has started a vegie/herb garden again, which is great to see. I'll keep supporting him all I can....

He loves the soil on his dad's block of land so we've been driving up and back to collect some for his garden. He's still not driving by himself, it's a 4 hours round trip. 

He's knows he's required to find work now. He is going thru a disability job search provider, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

I have a few days off work, so I see if I feel better after. If not I'll get some councelling done. 

Sorry I'm not on here all that much, thank you for checking in...I hope you're ok 

Grasshopper3

Hi @Grasshopper3 i hope all is well with you and son re recovery and life in General.

@Grasshopper3 @patientpatient

Quick check in to see how you are both going.

Former-Member
Not applicable

• Your story is like reading my own my daughter is 35 + I struggle to see a future for her She has no friends there's only me im exhausted all the time. She isolates wont help herself I have to do everything my relationship is on the rocks her father + brothers don't speak to her Im frightened to walk away in case she suicidesIts a nightmare sorry very tired tonight just had her fir 5 days from hospital will b back couple of days tc 
  •  
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance