Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Waking up with anxiety

@tyme @That’s interesting. Ive never tried group therapy and didn’t know that it was also available under Medicare as well.

the individual therapy I find ok - I can connect to deeper emotional stuff and have the past two sessions. It’s just a long process and can be tough between sessions. Feeling safe in that period and getting on with things I enjoy can be hard. I returned to it in late October after some years. 

Hi @Hyperballad @tyme @Me73 @1978 @Daddymac,

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and suggestions. I also didn't know about the group sessions with Medicare. Very interesting. I wonder if that would have shorter wait times and availability, in some areas?

How is everyone? Hope your days are going well and everyone is finding some improvement in their journeys. It's a lot to try and manage, not just whatever the day ahead brings, but also adjusting ourselves. Even if it doesn't always feel like winning, I still say kudos to everyone 🙂  

Yes. Many people don't know that Medicare funds 10 individual and 10 group. For me, group therapy really pulled me out of my comfort zone. I then had individual sessions to 'debrief' and go through what happened in group. @8ppleTree @Hyperballad @Daddymac @1978 @Me73 

At that point, I was having one group and one individual session each week - but it's a little different because I was part of an MBT clinic and the therapy lasted just over 18months.

@tyme did you find the therapy meant change? One of the things I find challenging is how long therapy can take - there’s seemingly no end to it. 

Yes, therapy led to change. However, the main work occurred after therapy. After therapy, it meant I couldn't lean on anyone anymore. I was made to practice the skills I had developed from therapy. Things got harder after the conclusion of weekly therapy, but then it got better and has been better ever since. @Hyperballad 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance