Skip to main content

Re: Best Friends Club

@Shaz51 hey Shazzy, tomorrow will be better. Take care

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

@Adge 

The Tendercare service is the same whether you are with the NDIS or not. I see my support worker 3 to 4 days per week but it will depend on your work schedule. I do things like go get a cuppa, go for a drive, go to the movies, go to their walking or art groups, but you can basically do whatever. Some people go shopping or go to doctors appointments etc. The worker you are getting makes all homemade cakes. I was at art group this morning so I walked up to all the workers and asked who was getting a new guy on Thursday. I was stoked when it was this lady. She is so lovely. You should be really happy with her. I joined Tendercare 7 years ago because I was isolated at home. They got me out of the house. I even went to art on my own today because my worker is in Bali. I just had to sign someone else’s timesheet. You will have to let me know what you think after you get your feet wet with the service 

@MJG017 thank you for your kind words. 

The trial sounds interesting! It's very good of you to take part in it to help research.  I hope the interviews don't take too much out of you.

Camping was nice. I always have a restful sleep when camping. Something about breathing the fresh air and the sound of the waves crashing nearby. Bliss!

My husband had a good time but sadly today he is back to his low mood. 

Nothing to do but give him space and hope he is better tomorrow. 

Back to work tomorrow!

Hope you have a good night 😴 xx

@Healandlove 

I had a zoom meeting tonight as part of a focus group for a service they are going to trial here to monitor cancer patients going through treatment.  There were 5 of us and we all were the same... focus more on mental health support!  So it's really helpful to use such a difficult situation to help provide better services and support for people going through similar situations, even if you may not personally benefit from those results.

I'm glad your camping trip went so well.  It does sound very... 'zen'.   When you mentioned you husband enjoying it but back in a low mood now, it reminded me of something I told someone the other day.  When I'm doing something i'm really enjoying, I tend to forget everything else and feel happy.  Then when it's over and the realisation hits with "Oh, now i'm back to my every day life which is not as happy as what i just have been" it can cause quite a big mood crash for me.  It's like I've forgotten what the happy times were like and having just had a brief reminder, it brings a lot of the sadness back.  It just makes me wonder if your husband just experienced a similar thing after such a nice weekend. 

I hope you have a good night as well... albeit without the sounds of crashing waves nearby.  Take care. ❤️