Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning, all. Smiley Happy

@MDT,thanks for your message from last night. Yesterday seems a bit of a blur as I sit here having just woken up this morning. But it was an okay day, aside from a fair bit of boredom. I only really did one thing in the way of out of the flat activities - walk on the beach. But that was a good thing. Hope yours is a good one today. Smiley Happy

@eth, good to hear you feel better today, with a clearer mind. Hope your uncle is in one of his less bitter moods when you visit. I totally understand how some people can drain you when you really need the energy to hold yourself together.

Booze and I only meet on Fridays and sometimes Saturday nights these days (though I used to be a binger with it). But I have pretty much lost interest in it without even trying, and drink very little if at all these days. Good luck with your reduction with it.

@greenpea, I agree it's best to avoid alcohol if we can. We can still be 'bad girls' in our mind, at least, we've probably got the imaginations for it! Chilly again here this morning though the sun is out and if I could get myself out into it, I'd be warmer. Not sure if that will happen today, though I do have some things I could walk to the chemist for, maybe later. 

@Exoplanet@CheerBear@Shaz51@outlander and everyone, hope the day has some especially good moments for you. 

Hi and good morning @Mazarita.  I might have missed you.  Have been on hold with centrelink's irritating music for half an hour.

How are you feeling this morning?  Was it another big sleep for you?  

Hoping you have a peaceful, pain-free day.

Hello Everyone 🙂

I'm heading into the city today, going to look for & hopfully get, 60 metal posts & a roll or 2 of wire for the front fence. Also going to get the neccessary pet requirements for the fortnight, which is what my grocery shopping mainly consists of 🙂  If I can a chance {if my head will work well enough to let me :)} I'll also check out some second hand shops in the hopes of finding a bean-bag or large cushion to replace the young dogs 'day-bed', which was a bean-bag that recently spewed forth far too many little white balls & had to go to the trash 😉 - he's having a terrible time trying to settle on his lambskin & blankets without soft cushioning underneath him! 😄 

So I'll finish off my coffee, roll a few smokes & get moving; takes a couple of hours to get there, so I'll only have the afternoon - but the truth is as soon as I get there I'll want to come home 😉 

Body's aching a bit, been daring to do a bit of this & that, not really looking forward to walking all over town, but I want stuff . . . & that's the only way I'll get stuff 🙂

Love to all Heart

@Mazarita @eth @greenpea @outlander @Shaz51 @CheerBear @Sophia1 @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom

Hello @Exoplanet

You are very brave venturing so far....your fence now starting to take shape...

Body aching.,..have you been expecting too much from yourself?

I am one to talk...I am a racehorse and need to heed my own words...

Hopefully you will find everything that you need without too much walking around...

a new cushion or bean bag for your young dog will be met with much joy I am sure...

hello @eth @Mazarita @greenpea @MDT @outlander @CheerBear 

the sun is out..the cows are grazing next to the fence...

I am convinced that when I have been out and come back...I hear a moo from next door...saying hello ...laugh...how potty is that?

take care allCat Happy

@Sophia1 Hi Sophia1 my son would love to be greeted by the mooing of cows in the morning. He loves cows. He would like nothing better to have a cow come up to his window and wake him up in the morning lol. 😄

Hi again, @greenpea, how gorgeous that your son loves cows. I got a mental image of him smiling on waking, with the cow mooing next to his window. Smiley Very Happy

Hi @Sophia1, I reckon that cow is saying hello to you. Not potty. Animals do talk to us. Your tale reminded me of a moment when I was out driving in the country with an old boyfriend. We stopped for a smoke break at the corner of two roads. A whole herd of cows must have thought I had food. The lot of them mobbed the corner of the fence where I was standing and just looked at me. It was a funny one-off experience. Smiley Happy

Hi @Exoplanet, it's always great to hear you getting out and about, doing the many useful things you do to look after yourself, the dogs and your property. 60 metal posts is a lot to organise and move around on your own! All round it sounds like it will be a heavy shop! Good luck with finding a beanbag.  Big day you will be having! Take it slow with the walking around town if you can. I find less pain walking if I take it slow. Heart

Hi @eth, how annoying is the Centrelink phone system! I once read a story in the news about a woman in Brisbane who waited for hours on hold, left the phone where it was as an experiment, and woke up the next morning, still on hold! Anyway, I hope you got through and sorted what needed to be sorted this morning with the Clink. Smiley Happy

Yes, long sleep again last night, and fell asleep again for a while just now, in the armchair. It started off as a breath meditation with head to toe relaxation in it too. As usual, I eventually fell asleep, still deep breathing. That must have stopped while asleep because sometime later I had a coughing fit in my sleep (quite common here, partly why I've bought another vape machine to try to give up smokes). So about 12 hours sleep all up. This is about how much I've been getting night after night lately. Possibly making up for lost sleep past. More likely, I think, just a bit too heavily sedated from the new anti-psychotic and the anti-histamine combined. Will talk to psychiatrist about it when I see him in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your kind wishes about pain today. I'm not too bad with that at the moment. The head spasms have eased off, thank goodness. And I'm just happy with my newly filled front teeth at this point. Feel a bit easier about smiling! Smiley Happy

good morning @greenpea

oh bless him...I love cows too....my uncle and aunt had cows and sheep on their farm in the UK where we lived for about a year....plus one of the islands we lived on for a few years is famous for it's cows (best for me not to mention where for identity)

I just love their expressions...

I will try to take a photograph if I remember one day ....then load it on here for you to share with your son....I am not sure if he knows that you write on here though...let me know....all fine with me....

Cat Happy

🙂 Yes he I would take him to a paddock near us that had cows and a bull and we would feed them carrots and pears (they love pears). They have since moved on but it gave him such a simple pleasure ... makes me think seriously about moving on one day into the bush and having a hobby farm for him to enjoy looking after his cows 🙂

Hi @Exoplanet I hope you have a stress-free day and find everything you're looking for easily in the big smoke.

Hi @Sophia1  I hadn't realised you live rurally.  Did you sell your house recently?  Hope your recovery from surgery is progressing well.  Cow's saying hello is sweet - only as potty as a calf!

@Sophia1 Oh Sophia1 if that would not be too much trouble that would be wonderful if you could do that. He would be thrilled 😄 xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance