Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Aaron92
Casual Contributor

Anxiety panic disorder

G’day  I’m 26 year old male diagnosed with anxiety disorder about four years ago went on anyi anxiety/ depressant  for a while then stopped! back on it again now for the last two weeks and seeing a phychologist I feel like my symptoms arnt normal lately I’ve been tending my ass muscles and tensing my eyes I told my gp and he just says sounds like anxiety and I feel like it’s connected to my heart almost like my body is clutching for life I’ve had weird symptoms before like burping and a neck twisting habit like thing but these symptoms are really disturbing me just wondering if anyone else has had strange physical symptoms like these please share with me and I hope maybe I’ve made someone else feel  comfortable 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Anxiety panic disorder

Hey there @Aaron92 thanks heaps for sharing, it sounds like the experience is very visceral for you which isn't uncommon for anxiety. Have you shared the physical symptoms that have cropped up with your Psychologist as well as your GP? Also in case you haven't heard of them, smiling mind has a really good app which has some mindfulness stuff that can sometimes help the phsyiological side effects of anxiety.

How are you feeling now?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance