Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dealing with heartbreak

@tyme Glad you had a good day. Enjoy having your sister in laws to stay. 
You are a kind and caring person. The world needs more people like you.😊

I have been playing some sport, but still pretty lost. My hope is fluctuating with time, but the flame still burns. 😌

Great to hear @Rockdog .

Just keep going. What's for you will be for you and no one can take that away.

Hope is what keeps people going.

Believe it?

@tyme Hope you are well.
Have your sister’s in law visited yet?

Yeah I can’t let go which means there must be a reason don’t you think? 

Believing it fluctuates though 😌

Hi @tyme

I just wanted to reach out for your help because I have drifted off track and ended up badly last weekend. I ended up where she might find out if she looked . I spoke to someone on here yesterday who said she would definitely have moved on. I said ‘you don’t know that’ but it is probably true. I feel so flat, I played tennis today and i couldn’t concentrate. My mind drifted off to thinking about her and feeling sad. Just wondering if you have some positive advice for me because I am losing hope. I can’t let go and need to hang on 

Hope

@tyme I am just hoping you might have some words of hope. I am feeling a bit lost 

deshift
Senior Contributor

Re: Hope

There's a lot to unpack here. My advice is to find a good spot, metaphorically speaking and make camp, and just be alone with your feelings, and be honest with yourself about them.

In my experience, I found loving myself was the hardest thing I had ever attempted, it still is, and I believe loving myself is the key to allowing others to love us in return. But it's hard to feel what this is like amongst all the noise. So yeah, quiet the surroundings and really listen to your inner self.

I hope that helps, it might seem a bit odd, but it is how I made it through a similar experience.

deshift

Rockdog
Senior Contributor

@deshift thank you. It is what I am struggling with and it is torture. My special person told me to love myself right before she left my life. When I am alone with my feelings it kills me that she just left The quiet time allows in all the pain. I reach out because of the pain but think it might be too late. 

deshift
Senior Contributor

time is what we make of it. it is never too late for anything. @Rockdog 

RiverSeal
Peer Support Worker

Hi @Rockdog 

Thank you for posting on the Forums!

It can be really tough when we have someone leave our lives when we are in a relationship. I have been there myself and know the pain that it can cause and the empty feeling in our lives. My experience taught me that my feelings weren't so much about the person but about me and my life and how if fit into the world. I learned to overcome the emptiness by working on myself and becoming the person I wanted to be and more independent. 

It also took some work to speak with supports and learn more about my mental health experiences and how to cope. Have you spoken to a Counsellor about your feelings? We have Counsellors here at SANE on the Support Line who can help you work through the pain you are experiencing. I encourage you to talk about it in a safe and supported manner and you might find it really beneficial.

There are other supports too and I will list a few below that might help with these thoughts of pain you are experiencing:

Lifeline: 13 11 14, www.lifeline.org.au 

Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467, www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au 

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 Get mental health support - Beyond Blue

1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732, www.1800respect.org.au 

Emergency: 000, www.triplezero.gov.au/triple-zero/How-to-Call-000 

Thanks for being part of the community here on the Forums!

Take care

RiverSeal

Rockdog
Senior Contributor

@RiverSeal thank you for your message. The person who left my life was just  an emotional support that I relied o. You are right about questioning your place in the world. I have reached out some but it is really hard. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance