Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Helter Skelter Day

Today seems to be one of those days where things arnt getting done in the way I would like or Im trying to get somewhere but getting nowhere ,Helter skelter feeling about the whole day so Ive now elected to stay home rather than HaP Hazzardly Try to take lots of steps that involve action,its quite annoying to be honest , time for self care instead plans are just not going to plan today at all 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Helter Skelter Day

@LostAngel  Your post came as a relief to me, because my day was much the same.

When things occur that are out of our control, the only thing we can control is what we do.

@LostAngel @Glisten I had one of those days too!  It was alright, really.. but a few things didn't go as planned and I got frustrated which negatively affected how I felt in the afternoon and evening.  I still got some things done but not as much as I wanted.

Tomorrow is another day, and I'll need to do the other things I meant to do this afternoon.

@nervouswreck  be proud of that! Even with the frustration, you regathered and still got things done. 
Credit to you.

Hey @LostAngel 

Gah! Those days suck!

I think you did the right thing though, ditching the plans and doing self care instead. I think pushing through unnecessarily is glamourised too much, and there is so much pressure to do the things we "should" be doing, when really we need to do the opposite. It's not giving up, it's just recuperating until we can try again.  

Also really like your name for it! Helter Skelter, sums it up nicely

Truer words never said @MissMuffet 

I use to push myself to exhaustion everyday for years. It’s no way to live. The self inflicted level of stress is ridiculous. More isn’t necessarily better.

Self care all the way.

at least I know I havnt been alone  feeling this way

Arghh.... i agree @LostAngel @Glisten @MissMuffet @nervouswreck 

Hope you are all okay.

Oops... my post was posted twice... lovely technology.... it must be helter skelter too @LostAngel @Glisten @MissMuffet @nervouswreck  🙂

@LostAngel @tyme @MissMuffet @nervouswreck 

Congratulations we made it through to the end of FriYAY, without biting anyone 🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance