Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I'm not ok...

@The-red-centaur  I saw my mother go through a lot of pain with her feet. She had neuropathy because of her diabetes.  If you are going through anything like my mum went through, you are incredibly brave and powerful.  What's happened to your feet? Only if you want to say.

As for your bulimia/eating issues, I can't begin to imagine how difficult that is.  I can't stop eating.  I suppose that's an eating issue but of a different kind.  Sorry, can't help you with this, only to say that I am thinking of you and I will check in with you again.

@Lemonjuice I smashed my feet and legs in an accident. It's complicated. I'm waiting to see surgeons on Wednesday about where to next. It's stressing me out thinking Ill probably have to have more surgery and more time in hospital.

And thanks. I've been on wait lists for dietician and psychologist regarding the ED.

it's all complicated and makes me want to give up TBH.

@Wanderer if you're up this thread is why I can't sleep.

X

X

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

@Wanderer I took extra pain meds tonight but it didn't help 😞

X

X

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

@WandererI know we not meant to talk bout meds but I've been on x for over 5 months now, what's up with it.

X

X

@The-red-centaur  ouch!  In some ways our situation is similar and in others, it is different.  I hope you don't mind if I make a suggestion.  Mum got leukemia at the beginning of January last year.  When it first began with the call from the doctor and appointment with the hospital for her first transfusion, I think that's when I was most panicked and depressed.  I was already experiencing burnout, that I couldn't figure out how I was going to cope with everything, including the trauma of watching mum go through so much pain.  It took probably a month for me to calm down.  My first way of fixing it was to pretend it wasn't happening, I was dissociating, but when I realized I couldn't do that, I decided I would not think past the next appointment and that did work.  I reframed it and dealt with it one bit at a time.  After the initial month, a routine took over, we met lovely nurses and doctors, we had our favourite chairs and knew where all the good snacks were.  We adapted.  I think perhaps right now you may be feeling overwhelmed, but be gentle on yourself, you've been through a lot, there's a lot of unfamiliar, unknowns at the moment, but very soon, as you tackle each step, you will get more comfortable, you will get into routine, get to meet new people, and as you gain strength, all these feelings will subside.  It may even effect other areas, like your eating issues...if you're less stressed, hopefully things will improve there as well.  

@The-red-centaursorry didn't mean to worry you but I am not the only one with these experiences, being aware is helpful and coming off them is possible but I found long term use dangerous for me.

My body tended to feel pain during the come down but it did subside.

Each person will be different I guess and their circumstances different but I believe awareness is a good thing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance