Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LJ93
New Contributor

Just received BPD diagnoses not sure how to stop myself failing my relationships.

Hello everyone! Hoping to reach out or maybe just word vomit. I’ve been a compulsive liar since I was little and I recall struggling with deep shame and identity crisis my entire life. I go between deeply disliking the people around me to feeling utter adoration for them. I am currently in my first long term relationship in over seven years and I keep going through these loops with my partner. Afterwards I feel anxious and scared and alone but during my anger bursts I experience malice, spite and delusions of grandeur. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for mindfulness going forwards? The people in my life deserve better. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just received BPD diagnoses not sure how to stop myself failing my relationships.

Hi @LJ93 great that you have reached out and welcome to the forums. It can be so tricky navigating relationships, especially with a mental diagnosis. This is a great supportive space and hopefully you will get some clarity and connection soo. Anyone else relate?

Re: Just received BPD diagnoses not sure how to stop myself failing my relationships.

Welcome, @LJ93 , it's good to have you here. 

It sounds like you have good insight into yourself 👍

I'm going to tag @tyme  and @BPDSurvivor  as they have great insights about BPD, if they are around. 

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Hey @LJ93 ,

How are you going? I just read your post and want you to know you are not alone. I lived that life you described and I know it only too well.

I was tormented by myself. I hurt so many people. To combat this, I stayed away from people but then became super isolated. 

Good news is, BPD is very treatable. Psychotherapy makes a huge difference but it takes a lot of time and it is very hard work. I engaged in MBT over the course of a solid 18 months. Oh; forgot to mention that the group therapy each week is what is the hardest but most helpful. So this treatment was a combination or group and individual therapy each week.

All the best. Hope to hear from you to see how you are going

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance