Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

LE Topic Tuesday banner.jpg

This Topic Tuesday is for those who are going through the cluster of changes that happen from 18-30 years. We will be chatting about topics like:

- Changes in living and financial circumstances

- Changes in friendship groups

- Changes in routine and workload moving to post high school study and/or employment

& the list goes on!

Most of these changes are inevitable, so during this session we will be drawing from the knowledge from our guest from ReachOut.com & ReachOut Parents

So whether you're going through it, about to go through it or have been there, join us to discuss how to manage these life changes.

Hit the 'Like' button below to get an email reminder on the night.

88 REPLIES 88

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

Can parents of young adults experiencing difficulties also attend this chat?

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

Hi Moderators

I am hoping to get here tonight and my subject would be how to handle sibling grief

My daughter was 14 when her brother died - she has no idea why he was in Juvenile Detention and the confusion in his life before he committed suicide. She has never wanted to talk about it

So many years late she is beginning to be more open and friendly but it has been a case of me respecting her need to not talk about it - knowing her I think that she feels that talking about something changes nothing

I so often fall asleep watching TV - I hope to be present tonight

Dec

Hi @lovemyboys
You're welcome to. We also have one for carers next week too - if you want to check out the Carer Forum as well.

Hi @Owlunarand @LoveMyMum
You're both more than welcome to join tonight, but to clarify, we are focusing on the typical life stages and changes for young adults. We are hoping that those in the 18-30 age bracket come along and ask questions and share their experiences going through the common but significant life changes.
Hope this clarifies the topic for the night.

Nik

Welcome.jpg

Good evening everyone. A special shout out to @mpage @Mum21 @Determined @outlander @Shaz51

A warm welcome to @Ngaio-ROP from ReachOut.com who is here tonight to connect with those going through the typical, but significant transitions / life changes that most 18-30 year olds go through. Above in the initial post you will see some of the dot points we’ll be touching on tonight.

But as a starting point, I thought it would be great to kick off by throwing over the Ngaio to introduce herself and over to YOU to let us know what brought you here tonight.

Looking forward to hearing from you all tonight

Thank you so much @NikNik and everyone here for having me this evening.

I have to say, I am very excited to be here!!

ReachOut has been around for 18 years proividing online support to young people experiencing any kind of mental health difficulty. Almost two years ago we expanded the service to include parents who are looking for support to get better at supporting their teenagers.

So even though we have a parent's service, our main focus is STILL young people.

I am the NikNik of the Parent's Community. Except not as great. 😉

And I concur with @NikNik, I'd super interested to hear what you guys are wondering about.

Hello @NikNik

Hello and thank you for being here @Ngaio-ROP

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance