Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life fails!

I must admit I've never thought of using the college's Facebook to advertise for a tutor. It's something I can definitely try to do (the worst that could happen is my post is taken down). They do have a page specifically for students. I've never seen anyone advertise for a tutor there (it's mostly jobs being advertised in the field). Here's hoping eh?

well asking for a tutor is advertising a job 😉 @Queenie
also gumtree as well might be helpful as well if your advertise that your after a tutor someone might offer something to you as well

Thanks for the ideas @outlander I really appreciate them 🙂 

no worries @Queenie i hope something pops up for you soon!

I worked really hard and I finished another subject (which had four assignments). That is my 7th subject finished and passed out of 15 subjects (so I'm halfway through almost). I also passed another role play (this time mental health). I feel shitty still but strangely empowered to get this done the best way I know how.

I also just gave away all my soft drink, chips, lollies and chocolate. I really have been living a shitty lifestyle and have gained so much weight. I tip the scales at nearly 140kg (no joke I'm that fat!). I disgust myself when I look in the mirror. I am now drinking water and resigning to eating only lean meat and raw (or stir-fried) vegetables. I also want to hit the pool more often. I can't run because I'm too fat. I can barely walk because I'm so unfit (truth, walking up the front stairs has me gasping). I don't want diabetes, heart disease or the big C. I am nearly 40... time to wake up.

Day 2 of the big D (D meaning diet). I'm always hungry but I have to remind myself that it is the medication making me feel this way not actual hunger. I am eating well with lots of vegetables, fruit and plain water. I've even given up Nutella (how will I belong on this forum without a love a Nutella???).

Still on day 2 of the big D...

I went into college for a couple of hours worth of tutorial (forced the Mrs to reschedule her appointment much to her disdain) and smashed out another subject finished plus finished an assignment on another subject. The hunger I feel now is intense and there are temptations everywhere in the house. Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping and from now on I am cooking and buying my own food. A big expense as I still have to pay the same amount of board ($350 a fortnight). Being I only live on $700 a fortnight I will struggle but will be happier and healthier.

Hey @Queenie
This is some good news, im proud of you for wnting to make healthy life style choices. Remember slow and steady weight loss.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks @outlander. I was weighed at the doctor on Friday, it hasn't even been a week and I've had quite a lot of weight come off. Already I feel like I have more energy which is in itself amazing! I am no longer sleeping 16hrs per day (I'm down to a healthier 8hrs). I no longer feel hungry all the time now. 

Things are looking up. I had a negative Nelly warning me not to become obsessive about about my diet, but my doctor wants me to to, just so I am very aware of what I am putting into my muoth.

thats awesome @Queenie huge kudos to you! keep up the great work
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance