Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

@Former-Member, thinking of you HeartHeart

@Sophie1 @Shaz51

Anxiety is a big part of BPii with sources quoting prevalence in about half of all patients, some go much higher than this when accounting for GAD, social anxiety, Panic Disorder, OCD and PTSD.

The result of the combination is not pretty with poorer outcomes and treatment challenges as ADs have potential to induce mania, other classes of antianxiety meds different problems.

Mr D along the way has been diagnosed with various anxieties (OCD, panic disorder, social anxiety and GAD). 

I have stopped looking for triggers, with GAD, being generalised which means anything can set it off. Like his twin Mr Shaz, tv shows on mental illness can upset him, more often than not it is rumination over something.  There is not much I can do to soothe him, sometimes music or a Ted talk will put him to sleep, sometimes not. 

Anxiety robs our loved ones of so much. We have just had a lovely couple of days away, perfect weather, historic train ride and river cruise,  Mr Darcy said he enjoyed them but later told me that it was not so enjoyable as something that happened the Sunday before we went away was troubling him. Needless to say,  there was no intimacy and he cried the night of  my birthday.   Knowing this would be the likely outcome I decided that I would enjoy myself any way and that I did. 

Back home now ...

ohhh wow @Former-Member

just reading what you wrote , Mr D and Mr shaz are totally Twins

Anxiety robs our loved ones of so much.-- I agree @Former-Member,I also have so many situations like yours

@Former-Member

Thinking of you. 

@Former-Member

Thinking of you and trust all is as well as it can be. 

th2GDBB281.jpgthJB6X51U5.jpg@Former-Member

Thanks  and thinking of you all @outlander  @Determined @Shaz51 @Sophie1 @Faith-and-Hope.   We get to meet Mr Darcy's new pdoc and case worker +/- therapist later this week (current ones will be at appt for change over - both pdoc and therapist moving at end of year). 

Hoping all those appts go well @Former-Member and the next professionals are a good match also ❣

Bit of a bummer that they are both changing at same time @outlander. New pdoc always a problem as Mr D has very few random memories of his crisis period. 

Will be thinking of you through this process @Former-Member and pray that the transition is as smooth as possible. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance