Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

@Former-Member Hope new doc team are good people and listen ... I started going to appts with p doc since last two years when I can with Ms S as her memories of crisis times are full of gaps and often severely understated or not remembered at all ... I really hope your new med team are great - thinking of you both in this change over 

it is a bummer @Former-Member hopefully all the changes happening at once wont impact him and you too much

Hi @Former-Member how did you go with the new docs ? 

Went ok @Sophie1 new pdoc sat and observed, Mr D said she did not say anything (I only go in at end). Mr D said though outgoing pdoc told him he needed to get in touch with his emotions more.  

His crying predates the current early stages of the current drug taper and pdoc told me she does not think it is related to withdrawal or relapse. She did not offer her opinion on why she thinks it is happening (and I perhaps should have been a bit more forthcoming in asking).

Mr D is getting to the stage where he is deemed no longer acute and pdoc suggested a private pdoc might be the way to go once he has successfully tapered down off this drug (she is confident he will do ok with the remaining med).  The public system is the only acute option we have as we are rural so I am a little reluctant to cut ties.  I don't mind paying gaps but  local private options are limited, most pdocs are either a 3 or 6 hour drive away. We dropped our private health cover ages ago as we found it too much on one wage.

His therapist who is also leaving is going into full time private practice not too far away. As Mr D finds her easy to communicate with,  I did suggest to him perhaps he could continue with her with a  gp mental health plan and he will give this consideration. 

Hope things a little more settled at your end.

Had coffee with understanding friend today. She commented on how much better Mr Darcy is. 

it is good having an understanding friend @Former-Member Heart

It is @Shaz51 but I do appreciate my forum friends too. 

Have made a booking to go interstate to see Mum early in the new year.

Mr Darcy said he would accompany me and has already started writing a schedule for our trip.  

As we will be driving and not flying it will give us the opportunity to visit a couple of towns with a view to assessing suitability for a possible move - putting us within striking distance of family. 

I feel we need to move off our farmlet, it is socially isolated and whilst we are slowly getting on top of things as Mr D is relatively well, it is a struggle and is certainly far too much when he is unwell.   We are not at peace yet as to where we should go if we do decide to pull the plug.  There have been some real plusses about living here, so not a straightforward decision to move from locale.

Big decisions @Former-Member

Trust the trip goes well for you both. 

Two towns in mind @Determined, one has psych services,  the other more affordable option does not - 50km trip to access (teleconference possible). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance