Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Have dinner BB and settle in for an early night - will check in on you later anyway to see if you are around @BlueBay Hugs Hon Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Excessive worry and stress can take its toll on the mind and body @BlueBay. It's good that you are seeing your psychologist on Wednesday to talk these life stresses through and work towards the best way forward with coping strategies and solutions to work on - that can help get the worry under control. It's the only way.

Worry just robs us of all joy.

I could get like that at times over things. For me now I just do my best to work out solutions and act on them rather than dwell or worry about it; overthinking feeds worry. Now I try and keep busy, distracted and make the most of the peaceful, good moments.

I am like "I can't do anymore than that, my best, so no point in worrying as it will not change a thing". Then I just let it go for a bit and live for the day as tomorrow can take care of itself as - today's enough. Cue sera sera, what will be will be. Oh well.  If I can better my lot by letting go of what does not serve me - that's a bonus and for now I am doing that successfully 😊.

I had my hair down today - it's dyed a lovely red/blonde colour and I am feeling like a chicky babe lol. I am off for a fun day out with a friend tomorrow to just forget everything for abit and relax. One of my ways of staying on top of things. One day at a time. 

Hope the psych session on Wednesday goes well for you. Cheers

Thsnks @Former-Member fir your post. I do know that stress snd wirry is no good. It’s really hard because I’m not sleeping as well. 

Your hair colour sounds nice. Mine is brown with red foils throughout the front. I love having the red through it. 

@Zoe7@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope

I got a phone call this morning from my psych saying csn I see him tiday. I said I could at 1.30pm. Then a few hours later they rang and said he was running over an hour late and he asked if I could come in tomorrow afternoon and he’ll see me. 

So tomorrow I have a psychologist appt at 2.15 then a psych appt st 3.30. I’m going to be extremely emotional I know it. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Or it may be a big emotional relief to get it all off your chest @BlueBay - with a few coping strategies up your sleeve to help. Red is a pretty hair colour - I received a few compliments on mine today which put a smile on my dial Smiley Very Happy

I think it is good to be seeing youor psych after your psychologist appointment BB - you are always very emotional after you see your psychologist and it will be good for your psych to see how much those sessions take out of you @BlueBay It will also be good to get it all out in one day. Are you seeing your GP on Thursday?

Actually that’s a good point @Zoe7

yes my psych has never seen me after a session with psychologist. So thst will be good because I always leave the session a complete mess. Crying. Yes that he needs to see. No my normal fortnight appt with my doctor is next Thursday . But because the other doctor wants me to hsbe a blood pressure monitor I need to go Thursday. But waiting fir my doctor to call. My blood pressure was still high today and headache hasn’t really gone. 

My youngest son is an angel. He thought it was overdue thst jersey see the vet fir regular check up. So today he made the appt and took her and he even paid the bill $120. He doesn’t even want us to psy him back. I’m so lucky to have good kids 

That is great of your son to do @BlueBay Smiley Very Happy Does he contribute to household bills too BB?

It will be good for your psych to see how much these sessions take out of you and also be good to have support after the session with your psychologist. You are always really emotional after those sessions - they are really tough on you - so be honest with your psych so he knows how hard things are for you right now.

I think you have been doing really well on here lately in reaching out for support and keeping distracted BB - just wanted to acknowledge that I know that is hard for you but you are doing a great job Heart

Both my boys buy their own food. Psy their own. At the moment cause we’re struggling they are buying food fir dinner which is really nice. 

@Zoe7 I think my psych will be shocked when he sees me. But tomorrow he will see the “real” me. 

Thsnkyou @Zoe7 fir your kind words and support. I’m battling through. 

We are having pasta fir dinner. What are you having tonight ? ❤️❤️

You are doing well the last few days in battling through Hon Smiley Very Happy

I think I'll have a chicken salad tonight @BlueBay but pasta sounds good too - might see what I have in the cupboard to make a tomato sauce base - have plenty of tomatoes...and of course carrots lol

Have you found a new series or show to watch yet?

No not yet @Zoe7 i don’t know what to watch. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance