Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: It's all a joke

@Former-Member thr system can really suck! Im sorry you felt crappy after a psych session. Do you think you could let them know you dont feel any better after sessions maybe they can try some other techniques?

Centrelink stuff is tricky i really hope thay all works out for you.
Your not unwell because you choose to be. I dont think anyone or very many would choose mental health issues.
Former-Member
Not applicable

No my therapist is okay @outlander. It’s not that I feel crappy after, it’s that I feel crappy walking in.
The sheer fact that I need therapy just reinforces and highlights how wrong I am.
Normal people don’t need therapy. Each afternoon I go. Each bill I pay. Just reminds me what shitty scum I am.

@Former-Member is isnt wrong to see a therapist. It doesnt mean your scum or any less a person who doesnt see a counsellor. it means your having a hard time and need some help and extra support

I think a lot of so called "normal people" would also benefit from seeing a therapist too. The fact that they choose not to get help to properly face things that they're dealing with is their failing/weakness, not yours @Former-Member

aye aye @TheVorticon 

There was a time when counselling was not available, but in these complicated times it is becoming fairly mainstream.

@Former-Member Ease up on yourself.  I have needed therapy at one level or another most of my life from 20s ...Life is hard enough without being so down on yourself.  If there are specific things to deal with try and face them, but people do struggle and I prefer being with those who can admit it, but also try.

You put in the effort. Bella

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am......
A bad person.
Worthless scum.
Useless.
A Failure.
Abhorrent.
Why do I continue?
Cause I’m a coward. Can’t even get the guts to end my own piece of shit life.
How am I ever going to learn to live with the above? How am I ever going to live with me?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance