Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: It's all a joke

Hey @Former-Member
I haven't seen you for a while.
I can see you are in a bit of strife atm but just saying I'm sitting here with you. Not sure what I can say or do to help sadly.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you for chatting to me @outlander.
The thing is it’s me. I’m scum.
All the studies show that kids of people with severe mi have really bad outcomes. If I had a kid I would screw it up cause I’m so screwed up. So I’m not really allowed to have children if you see my meaning. And I don’t think I could handle the pain of being close to someone without children/incentive to do so.
I’m just worthless crap. But I’m too scared to cs. I just want to be gone and be part of the bush.

@Former-Member
i can see where your coming from, but i still dont think your scum. i think your MI is causing you alot of grief and dont really know what to do with it.
I dont think ill ever have kids either, for the same fears and possibly physically either.
Mental health really sucks! they need to find a cure somehow
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @outlander.
I think I might play a computer game till I feel tired. Problem is I just can’t get this image of being part of the land out of my head.
I do hope when the time comes that it’s peaceful. I’m not religious and I don’t believe in god, but I like the idea of being at peace.

Hey @Former-Member. There are lots of things that define us. Having children is just a small part. Having a relationship doesn’t have to be about kids. It can be a companionship type of relationship as well that can be fulfilling. If I ever go down that path of getting close to anyone again I think that’s the kind of relationship I’d be having. I’ve been trashed by relationships. I’m too messed up for one now too. 

So you are not alone. I know I have kids but it’s not everything and often not enough to keep me here. 

Go gently on you. I know there’s lots of reasons for you to hang around above the earth for longer 😘

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Teej, I just really struggle sometimes.
Sometimes it’s just really hard.

@Former-Member maybe you could try meditating out in the fresh air under a tree or somewhere scenic. it might help with those feelings and allow you to just breathe and be at peace for a few minutes
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @ham_solo,
Thanks for the thoughts, hope you are well.
I follow a lot of what you and @outlander write and I’m happy to see things looking up for you.

I know @Former-Member, I know. It sucks. Let’s just hope it gets better at some point and plod along until it does. 💜🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Plod.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance