Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

@Shaz51 tuank you for the tag! We had take away pizza yesterday as we were both working late. Today Saturday I am making a teriaki pork stir fry with noodles 😋

A belated Good Morning to you too, @Shaz51.

Hi @Shaz51 

Not sure about Dinner yet.

Just wanted to say Hi to start with...

I came out of Hospital over 5 weeks ago, expecting & needing my Work Hours (Work Routine) to help me to adjust to being back home etc.

Had a breakdown, that's why ended up in hospital.

- Then found I had no job to go back to, she never gave me any more work (past 5 weeks).

So in the face of record high anxiety levels now, whilst attempting to focus on Jobsearch & Applying for a new job.

I am trying to remind myself that re-connecting with people for like-minded mutual support & sharing - Is one of the best things for getting me through.

Adge

Hope you get something sorted soon @Adge 

Thanks @TAB Much appreciated.

You doing any work at the moment?

Adge

not worked in over 12 mths now @Adge  and that was only 4 days. had work physical for plum $ job in Oct they stopped physical and told me to go to Emergency ha ha lol found out yest have exemption from DES , no one tells you anything anymore, was having words with des person in nov maybe with them swearing my sick cert had not been approved oh we havent seen it. then wondering for weeks why not hearing anything. Eventually rang them. any have signed up for tafe type course except private now. im a long way of working atm well unless in aircon and 1 or 2 days a week lol am a wreck. Read some of your posts . just keep on . You got work before. You can do it again if thats what you want. think going to bed here. still hot.

Thanks for your update @TAB

Hot here too, been close to 40C today.

Sorry to hear about that, & DES not helping.

DES not helping me either.

They simply demand that I do all my own Jobsearch - Whilst they're paid a lot of $$ having me on their Books (Registered with them), supposedly for a higher level of support to help me to find work.

Adge

37 next 3 days here @Adge  am about to drive to regional centre for decent shop before gets hot again.

i just hope DES dont do anything to trip me up. I was shocked re sick cert as it stil said i could do 8 hours a wk or whatever, plus got 2 wk 'holiday' from mutual obligations over xmas so could not understand why no appts. keep swapping from one to another over the years, not got ANYTHING last 4 years not 1c /voucher /anything. got free courses worth '000s fm salvos years ago when they were doing it.

got another lot of superanuation in bank yes, so pressure off for a while again. I am passed super age. still using super to live is not ideal. dont have much anyway, guess. so i transfer an amt to pension fund, take lump sum of 10% (max allowed per year) close it, putting money back in super so dole cant hassle me and declare it as one off lump sum payment so no loss of dole. Then, if things dire, can keep repeating process. one year did it 3 times ha ha. only supposed to be able to do it annually, but closing account then opening another one works seems lol

anyway , nice to 'see' you again and keep on keeping on. Good Luck.

Hi  'feasters' What's everyone having for din dins 2nite ? jim and beam here think lol ..

@Adge @tonys @Glisten @StuF @Bill16 @Jacques @Shaz51 @StanD @Meowmy @MDT @SmilingGecko @Appleblossom @Historylover @Healandlove @Hopefulsoul @The-red-centaur @EternalFlower @saturnzoon @Oaktree @Glisten 

Hi @TAB ! Friday nights I have a glass of red wine with dinner. Not sure what i am making for dinner though. It is so hot!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance